Thursday, March 24, 2011

I promised you a Bohemian Lunga wedding. Here it is.

I was going to describe this wedding to you myself, but Jenny tells her own story so much better. I love her comment: 'it took a lot of effort and planning to create the casual effect we were after'. Never a truer word! Anyway, over to Jenny:


the moments before

'We couldn't believe our luck when we found that Lunga House was available for the date we wanted to hold our wedding.  We had holidayed in the area before and sailed out of Craobh Haven and knew that Lunga would be the perfect location for the wedding.  

I jokingly referred to the theme of wedding as rustic bohemian victoriana and wanted it to be a really laidback and relaxed weekend.  Meg and Les and all the staff at Lunga were so accomodating in every way in helping us create exactly the wedding we wanted.  It actually took a lot of effort and planning to create the casual event we were after and Meg paid close attention to my endless lists of details: she really went above and beyond in making the weekend very special indeed.

I really wanted to get married outside however it was raining in the morning and I assumed we would have it in the house.  When the time for the ceremony was approaching, and if truth be told we were not entirely ready, Meg encouraged me to hold off and sure enough the sun came out and I had the outdoor wedding I'd dreamed of.  My close friends played guitar and sang 'Wild Mountain Thyme' and the guests all joined in as the bridesmaids, my dad and I came in under the ribboned rose trellises into the garden. 



Neil and I were married by Annie Loughlin, the very local and lovely Humanist Celebrant in the centre of a circle of our friends and family.  When we were married my dad piped us through to the middle garden for drinks and delicious canapes.  



The Indian marquee we had hired fitted perfectely onto the top garden area at Lunga and fired torches marked the way to the reception.  The party went on into the small hours and everyone said it was the best wedding ever.  


All our friends still talk about how magical a location Lunga house is and are all desperate for a reason to come back.  We were all able to hang out and relax on the Sunday with a fantastic BBQ in the garden and then a chilled out night in the pub.  

the end
The wedding was perfect in every way and I couldn't recommend Lunga more as a wedding venue - it really is a hidden treasure. 


-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment