Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Our lovely Bohemian wedding- it all comes together.

looking forward to  a wonderful day.



I had coffee with Jenny (our lovely Bohemian bride) recently and enjoyed the chance to browse her photo album, which comprises lovely pictures from friends and family - edited by artist Jenny. Her wedding to Neil was wonderful, and relaxed and flexible and one in which everyone entered into the spirit. Jenny is now expecting a baby, and is really looking forward to its arrival (get that nursery finished, girl!) and so in honour of a lovely cup of tea I thought I would share with you some more of her fabulous photographs of the day!

'We couldn't believe our luck when we found that Lunga House was available for the date we wanted to hold our wedding.  We had holidayed in the area before and sailed out of Craobh Haven and knew that Lunga would be the perfect location for the wedding.  
some nipping and tucking
 I jokingly referred to the theme of wedding as rustic bohemian victoriana and wanted it to be a really laidback and relaxed weekend.  Meg and Les and all the staff at Lunga were so accomodating in every way in helping us create exactly the wedding we wanted.  It actually took a lot of effort and planning to create the casual event we were after and Meg paid close attention to my endless lists of details: she really went above and beyond in making the weekend very special indeed.


The circle of love!


I really wanted to get married outside however it was raining in the morning and I assumed we would have it in the house.  When the time for the ceremony was approaching, and if truth be told we were not entirely ready, Meg encouraged me to hold off and sure enough the sun came out and I had the outdoor wedding I'd dreamed of.  My close friends played guitar and sang 'Wild Mountain Thyme' and the guests all joined in as the bridesmaids, my dad and I came in under the ribboned rose trellises into the garden. 
Bridesmaids

Seriously stylish 
Take a moment 
A little music


We're married!

On our own

Getting ready

Mum and I

Our Indian marquee

A little glass of something

My lovely lovely dress

Happy

And happier

The girls



My veil
 My beautiful vintage dress was re-worked by my Aunt - a vintage veil became sleeves, my mothers wedding dress of white cotton seersucker was incorporated into the design and my veil belonged to my great great grandmother's on my mother's side. 
My bohemian cake

the girls

loving the brogues

My lovely friends
 All of our friends still talk about how magical a location Lunga house is and are all desperate for a reason to come back.  We were all able to hang out and relax on the Sunday with a fantastic BBQ in the garden and then a chilled out night in the pub.  

The wedding was perfect in every way and I couldn't recommend Lunga more as a wedding venue - it really is a hidden treasure. '

Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment